Why Drake Medox?
For 51 years, Drake Medox has been one of the leading names in healthcare in New Zealand. We are currently looking for Registered Nurses to join Drake Medox in New Zealand.
We have a variety of flexible Nursing positions available throughout New Zealand for Public and Private Hospitals, Community and Aged Care Facilities. We have offered roles to 20+ Healthcare professionals from overseas in the past year & can offer support throughout the visa process. Our welcome pack has all the information needed to navigate your move and we will subsidise your NZ nursing registration fees.
Contact me: [email protected]
How long will the immigration process take?
- In our experience, the immigration process is approximately 1 month long.
- The recruitment process with Drake Medox can take up to 4 weeks, then the immigration process can commence.
What do I need for the recruitment process?
To support your recruitment process, you will need:
- Current First Aid & CPR certificates
- 2 references
- A current CV
- Current health screens and COVID vaccination confirmation
- To do an online interview
- To provide your overseas RN qualification documents
- 2 years overseas experience working as an RN
Requirements for moving to NZ to work with Drake Medox are that:
- You must be flexible to live and work throughout Auckland
- You must work a minimum of 30 hours per week
- You must pay for your accommodation and flights
- You must pay for your visa application
- Drake Medox will pay for your Annual Practice Certification and Registration fee after you work for a certain number of hours
What do I do when I arrive in NZ?
- Within a few days of arriving, you will meet the Drake Medox team in the Penrose office to receive your welcome pack, orientation, answer any questions
- You will receive your uniform and ID badge from the Drake Medox team
- Apply for your bank and IRD number – Drake Medox can provide more information on this
Types of facilities
As a Registered Nurse working for Drake Medox in New Zealand, you could work in:
- Public Hospitals
- Private surgical hospitals
- Aged care facilities
- Community Nursing
- Respite facilities
- Department of Corrections
Benefits of moving to New Zealand
New Zealand and Drake Medox offer a number of benefits, including:
- A great lifestyle – beautiful weather, the outdoors and work-life balance
- Subsidised registration with New Zealand Nursing Council
- Subsidised Annual Practicing Certificate
- 4 weeks of annual leave plus public holidays
- Variety of working facility options
- Flexibility to choose your own shifts to suit your lifestyle
- Penal rates for nights and weekends
- Training and upskilling opportunities, such as medication competencies, First Aid, CPR
- Employee Benefits Programme
Why New Zealand?
Thinking about taking time out to travel and work somewhere different? Look no further than down under in New Zealand! Experience our amazing beaches, a laid back lifestyle and our world famous kiwi hospitality. We have casual, contract and permanent nursing roles available in Auckland, New Zealand and around the country.
Overseas nurses will need to fulfill the requirements of NZ Immigration which varies and will be a case-by-case basis. To practice in NZ, nurses need to have an Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) which is gained through the NZ Nursing Council. For more information on visa requirements, please visit http://bit.ly/ImmigrationNewZealand
Elvis, Healthcare Assistant / Overseas RN