An update on our business continuity & response to COVID-19
Drake Medox New Zealand are monitoring the global COVID-19 situation and are working through what that means for our business in this ever-changing landscape. The health and safety of our employees, as well as our clients and candidates is of the utmost importance to us, so we need to ensure that precautionary measures are taken.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our Drake Medox branches directly, or on 0800 840 940 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are committed to focusing on the health and safety of our Field Staff Employees, our permanent staff, and you, our clients. Based on the information available, we have made the following decisions:
- Where possible, any meetings with clients will be held via phone, video calls or video conferences.
- If you have an in-person meeting already booked, your Drake contact will confirm that you are comfortable to proceed, alternatively, they will arrange an alternative method to meet
- Site visits will not be conducted in-person unless necessary (ie for a Health and Safety meeting or site inspection)
- Any other site visits can be done over the phone or by video conference
Field Staff Employees
We have also updated our Field Staff Employee protocols to include the following:
- Walk-in’s to our Drake offices will not be accepted - interviews or meetings will be by appointment only
- All Field Staff Employees MUST complete our Travel and Health Questionnaire which asks about any recent overseas travel as well as some health questions
- Where possible, meetings can be held via phone, video calls or video conferences
- No domestic or international business travel for staff, and a strong recommendation not to undertake personal travel outside of New Zealand in the coming weeks
- If our FSE’s have any questions about their health, they can get in touch with a Drake Nurse to speak with, free of charge.
- FSE’s who have been or may be requested to self-isolate:
- Must do so for the required 14-day period
- Required self-isolation will be paid by accrued sick leave initially
- If there is not enough sick or annual leave accrued for the FSE to cover self-isolation, then this will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by Drake Management Team.
Our staff are a priority, and to ensure their well-being, and our business continuity, we have conducted the following:
- Briefing all internal staff on our response to the pandemic and will continue to provide regular updates to our staff, our FSEs and you, our clients.
- Ramping up the cleaning and sanitation in our offices to minimise any risks to candidates or our staff.
- Ensured the IT infrastructure is in place for our key staff to work remotely should that be required.
- Supporting our teams with EAP and providing nurse support to our FSEs
We have advised that if any of our permanent staff, FSE’s or candidates have cold or flu-like symptoms, they are not to go to work. They must inform their Drake Manager and contact Healthline on 0800 611 116. They will then advise their manager of the outcome from their call with Healthline.
We will be in touch with our teams daily to ensure they are healthy and well.
Stay healthy and safe.
A Reminder to our FSE's
Our Commitment to our Clients